Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Another Year Begins

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! I certainly did, but then this is always a lovely time of year for me. I love spending quality time at home with my family. I probably overdosed on turkey and ham, but don't we all?

I got some great Christmas presents. The best by far was a Zoom H4n Handy recorder, which I'm having so much fun with. It's going to be a huge help when it comes to making audio documentaries and doing interviews, as well as podcasting, which I'm aiming to do when the summer comes around. It looks like this:


I also got so many books and DVDs. I've just finished Pete Townshend's autobiography, Who I Am, which was every bit as brilliant as I'd hoped it would be. I'd waited for that book to be published for at least the last six years, and it really was worth waiting for. I'm now reading The Life and Death of Peter Sellers by Roger Lewis. It's an incredibly in-depth and fascinating biography of one of my favourite comedy actors. That one's going to take me a while to get through - it's well over a thousand pages long.

Unlike a lot of people, I've never really bothered with New Year's resolutions. Each year I just try to make the most of things and have a better time overall than I did the previous year. The same is true of this year, and it shouldn't be too difficult because I'm in full-time education again and am therefore a lot busier and having more interesting experiences all round.

My sisters are both back at school now and I'm still pottering around the house, sleeping in, watching DVDs and reading, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I'm not bored at all, far from it in fact. I'm just planning on enjoying the rest of the month before I have to go back to Dublin for my second semester.

Of course, there are two assignment deadlines coming up in the next couple of weeks, so I do have to go up for the day on Friday to do some work! But it's times like these, when you don't have to sit exams, that it's good to be a Multimedia student!

No comments:

Post a Comment