Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Normal Service Resumes

After a seemingly never-ending Christmas break, I am back at DCU for my second semester. I arrived back last night after an exhausting weekend which involved my cousin's 21st birthday party. I now have a new flatmate (the old one having moved out a few weeks into semester one) and I have to admit, I was nervous about it. You see, without going into too much detail, the old one and I didn't really get on at all. After that bad experience, I was hopeful but apprehensive. Luckily, my new flatmate is lovely. She's American, which means having a very cool accent around the place! We've really hit it off. I think Americans generally are so friendly and gregarious that it would be difficult not to get on. It's nice to have some good luck in Larkfield at last.

Other than that, there's really not much to report yet, as I only had one lecture this morning. This resulted in me spending a very lazy day killing time in my apartment - something I don't really care for, so I can't wait for clubs and socs to start up again next week. To make matters worse, I forgot to bring my portable DVD player with me, and there's nothing on Netflix that I'm dying to see. I'm going to make sure I bring it with me next week, and there's a One Foot in the Grave box set at home that I still have to get through! I've only made it to Series 2, so that'll be coming up with me too.

The most eventful part of my day was getting this snazzy new hoodie, courtesy of our class rep:


Apologies for the poor quality, but my webcam is not the greatest. There's a slogan on the back which reads: "If found, please return to the Mac labs." Cheesy perhaps, but I like it!

My timetable this semester seems shorter than last. I'm in ten hours a week, and I think last semester it was eleven. This is what it looks like now:

Monday 10am-11am: Designing Websites (Lecture)
Tuesday 11am-12pm: Writing for Media (Lecture)
Wednesday 9am-11am: Designing Websites (Practical)
11am-12pm: Psychology, Media & Creativity (Seminar)
Thursday 12pm-2pm: Psychology, Media & Creativity (Lecture)
4pm-6pm: Digital Storytelling (Practical)
Friday 9am-11am: Writing for Media (Seminar)

As you can see, I'm in five days a week this time. I no longer have the luxury of a free Friday! Though I can't complain as it's an early finish, which means I can still get home for the weekend at the same time I did last semester.

My grades for last semester's modules will be published next week, but I'm trying not to think about that too much right now. I worry enough as it is! More than anything, I'm anxious about that sociology essay I did. I just have a bad feeling about it.

I'm close to falling asleep at the keyboard, so I think it's time I headed off to bed. I'm still tired after the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment