Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Assignments, Snow and Hybrids

I'm back in Dublin after spending Reading Week at home doing work. I handed in my Writing for Media assignment yesterday. It was a 1000-word magazine article. I've also handed in my first web design project and my group has finished our audio project.

As well as doing assignments, I've also been busy compiling a highlights package (minus the music) of my radio show, The Rock Files (6pm Thursdays on DCUfm!) which my co-host Aisling and I have entered into the Hybrid Student Media Awards. The Hybrids take place in the Helix on 4 April, and each category is judged by an industry professional, so it's all very exciting. We've entered the Best Arts/Features Show category. Competition is stiff, of course, but it'll be a great experience just to have entered.

You can listen live to the show on Thursdays via the station's website. If you want to hear the highlights package of what we've done so far, here's the link to the file on Soundcloud!
The Rock Files on DCUfm

This is a relatively short week, as Easter weekend is coming up! I'm going home tomorrow evening after the radio show, and I will be catching up with my bezzie on Friday... can't wait!

For the past two days, though, it's been snowing on campus. Here are a couple of pictures taken from my bedroom window in Larkfield:



Hope you all have a good Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you were very very busy! :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was, and still am! Just got a big assignment for the end of the year!

      Delete