Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Summer is Here

Well, that's it. Last assignment of the year handed in and I'm officially finished for the summer. While nearly everyone I know is frantically revising for exams, I'm sitting here feeling blessed to be a Multimedia student... in fairness, it's not like I haven't had my fair share of exams in the past few years anyway.

I am now faced with the prospect of four months off, but I sure as hell won't be spending the longest summer holiday of my life sitting on my backside. I've got lots of plans. Here are a few of them.

Make a radio documentary – I've been planning this for months and have finally been able to make a start on it. I won't reveal the details yet because I'm paranoid about idea thieves who might be out there, but I recently recorded an interview and will be conducting a few more soon. Once I have it all put together, I'm hoping to have it broadcast. Fingers crossed.

Write as much as possible – I've already had a few articles published online, and I intend to keep this going. I've also set up a blog on comedy which I have big plans for, so watch this space. I've been meaning to return to writing fiction for some time now (I used to write loads of it) and I finally have the time to do that now without having to worry about assignments etc.

Go to Leicester to visit my friend – Again, something I've been meaning to do for ages, but when you're both busy with university in different countries, it's difficult. The only thing holding me back at the moment is money, but I'm determined to get over there.

Go back to Old Trafford when the new season starts – As my 21st birthday conveniently falls within the first couple of weeks of the Premier League season, I have been promised a match ticket. There's nothing better than going to watch United, and the fact that David Moyes is taking over as manager adds to the sense of anticipation.

Gigs galore – I've got three coming up this summer. I'm going to see The Who at Marlay Park in a few weeks (performing my all-time favourite album, Quadrophenia). Then I'll be seeing Brian May and Kerry Ellis at the Olympia at the end of June, with a friend from my course. Finally, I'm going to see Blur at the beginning of August with my sister, at the National Museum of Modern Art. This is the best summer of gigs I've had in ages!

Record music – Since I got my Zoom H4n for Christmas, audio recording has been made a million times more amazing for me. I'm getting back to playing guitar as much as possible and recording a lot of music.

Hope for a job – I've applied for a job, but I won't say what it is yet in case I jinx it. But fingers crossed!

These are just some of the ways I'm planning on spending my summer. I've never been the type of person who gets bored easily during a long break, but I'm pleased to have all of this to keep me going anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment