Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Work and Play

I can't believe we're almost halfway through the semester already! Where has the time gone?

Things are getting more and more hectic with each passing week. Assignments, group project meetings, planning and presenting a radio show, football training... it's all piling up! I must admit, it can get quite tiring - let's just say I appreciate my bed more than I ever did before! But overall I'm enjoying it.

I mentioned presenting a radio show. Yes, I know I said I was going to produce, but I'm pretty happy that it's turned out this way! The show (which is yet to be named) airs on DCUfm every Wednesday from 1-2pm and is hosted by myself and three other people. It's basically a talk show, where we discuss all sorts of things, and also play a few tunes as well. You can listen in online at http://www.dcufm.com, so if you have nothing else to do, tune in!

Getting involved with student radio was one of the things I was most looking forward to about starting university, and although it's early days, this could well be the best thing about my time here. I've always had a huge excitement and passion for radio, so I absolutely love being in the studio and going through the whole process.

I have football training every Tuesday evening, and I'm having great fun with that too. It's brilliant to be able to play again. Of the three clubs and socs I joined, Music Soc is the one that I've had the least to do with so far, but I'm starting Music Production lessons on Thursday evenings, so that's something I'm really excited about.

I've got so much work to do this week, but I'll be taking a nice break this weekend. On Sunday, I'm off to London to see Alice Cooper at Wembley Arena. I can't wait! This will be my fourth time seeing Alice live (it's becoming an annual Halloween thing) and I'm really looking forward to seeing the friends I've made from seeing him the past few times, as well as meeting others for the first time. It's going to be great!

And now to take advantage of my lie-in tomorrow morning! I'll update again next week, when I've recovered from the gig!

No comments:

Post a Comment