Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Judgement Day

It's here! It's finally here! The wait is over! At 6am tomorrow morning my future will be revealed. I have a feeling that it's going to be a very restless night! I don't intend to pull an all-nighter like many of my friends and peers did last year, but I can't promise myself I will get much - if any - sleep. One way or another I will be sitting in front of my laptop bright and early, logging into my CAO application with trembling hands to see if I have the offer I so badly want.

At this moment I am trying desperately hard to be positive, but admidst the excitement there is also a lingering feeling of fear and worry, bordering on nausea. My parents will both be up; my mother especially for the occasion even though she has the day off work. That's love and support for you! Honestly, my parents have both been brilliant these past few months. They have calmed me down when I've been having minor panics and reassured me when the self-doubt kicks in. I would quite literally be lost without them. My best friend has also sent a much-appreciated message of support, and insists that I text her as soon as I find out. She doesn't care about being woken up at six in the morning - now that's friendship!

I don't know what I'm going to do after the event. Go back to bed? I doubt it. I probably wouldn't be able to get back to sleep anyway. I suppose I'll decide tomorrow. Right now, I'm contemplating what time to go to bed at so that I can attempt to sleep. I'm thinking eleven at the latest. Maybe I will sleep after all... when I got my Leaving Cert results last year, I had a good night's sleep, although I did have two different nightmares about failing all of my exams!

I sense that I'm becoming a little incoherent now, so I'll sign off. Verdict to follow tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment