Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More Waiting

Not long left now! Just a week and a half to go... I'm feeling really quite nervous now to be honest. But also very excited at the same time. It's a rollercoaster of emotions. I'm trying desperately hard not to let my negativity and self-doubt get the better of me, but I suspect that by the time the all-important date finally arrives, I will have driven myself crackers!

Last weekend, as I mentioned I was going to do, I went to my friend Kellyann's 21st birthday party. It had been a few months since I last saw her so it was great to catch up again. It was also pretty alarming to be attending her 21st, since it only feels like about a year since I was at her 18th! Scary stuff. We're all getting old now! I went to and from the party with my aforementioned best friend Mona and her family. It was nice to get out of the house on a Saturday night, which is a rare thing for me. That makes me sound incredibly boring but trust me, if you lived where I live, you'd understand why!

Anyway, here's a pic of the three of us together... the triangle, as we call it. It's nice to have an updated one - it's been a while!


They are seriously the best friends anyone could ask for. We all met in first year of secondary school, which now feels like a lifetime ago. It's nice to know that wherever any of us may go in life, we'll always have each other. Some friendships are for keeps.

In the meantime, I am still hooked on the Olympics. They are really helping to keep my mind occupied while the waiting continues. I honestly don't know what I'd be doing if they weren't on! I'm so glad that Roger Federer got silver, even though he lost to Andy Murray, who I am not a fan of at all. Still, you can't argue with the fact that it was a well-deserved victory for Murray. I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later... he obviously wanted revenge for that Wimbledon final! I'm also loving the athletics, particularly the sprints. How amazing is Usain Bolt? What a character! I have a huge interest in the sprints because I used to run myself and took part in a few competitions. I'll have to take it up again, because I loved it.

Five medals guaranteed for Ireland too - brilliant! Our boxers are doing really well, and tomorrow is Katie Taylor's big fight in which she has the chance to take gold. I can't wait! She is such an inspiration and a credit to the country and to the world of sport. Come on Katie! We're all behind you!

No comments:

Post a Comment