Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

18 Days To Go

It's finally August! This means eighteen days until I hear something back from CAO. Actually, scratch that - seventeen days until I go to bed and struggle to sleep because I'll be too nervous and excited about hearing back from CAO. That sounds far better! Honestly though, it feels like these past few weeks have dragged by. The whole thing has been agonising, to tell the truth. I can't wait for it to be over. It's absolutely horrible just waiting around knowing that it's all out of your hands. There are times when a song just sums up your life completely, and right now for me that song is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' The Waiting, from their incredible 1981 album Hard Promises (warning: I will probably talk a lot about Tom Petty on this blog because he is one of my idols).

I can't say the summer has been too uneventful though, despite all the waiting. I have been able to spend some much-needed time with my best friend, who is home from her university for the summer holidays, so that's nice. I've been to a family party, which was great fun, and I'm going to another friend's 21st on Saturday. I've also been to a couple of concerts. I saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at the O2 back in June (see, I told you - that's the second mention in this post alone) and it was amazing. I then saw Bruce Springsteen at the RDS a couple of weeks ago, which was also great. I think that may be it for the summer as far as gigs are concerned. I will, however, be jetting off to London in October for Alice Cooper yet again. This will be my fourth time seeing him, and my third Halloween in a row doing so. Hopefully I'll get to see Ray Davies at the O2 a week before that. We'll see how my bank balance is doing...

Oh, and I've got to mention the great summer of sport we've had. Usually I would be suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms once the Premier League season comes to an end, but not this time. Euro 2012 was gripping stuff to watch even though Ireland were embarrassingly hammered in all three of their games. Wimbledon was brilliant too. I'm a big Roger Federer fan so I was overjoyed to see him win another Grand Slam. It was also immensely satisfying to prove all my friends wrong when they said he was past it. Go Roger! And now we have the Olympics. I'm quite enjoying the swimming, even though it's not something I've ever really been interested in watching before, and obviously I have my fingers crossed for our boxer Katie Taylor in her bid to take home gold.

Speaking of sport, I've decided that I need to start getting fit myself. I used to be so active when I was younger and had something like three training sessions and two matches a week at one time. What happened to me? Well, I know what happened, but I won't go into all that - I'll bore you another day! Anyway, I've decided that if I get into DCU, I'm going to take up football again. By football, I mean soccer - but just for future reference, I refuse to call it soccer.

Right, that's all for now. Hopefully I'll have something a bit more interesting to say over the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment